Law School Specific
- Sample Rubrics
- Munro, Gregory S., Outcomes Assessment for Law Schools (Learn more...) (Download, 6.5 MB PDF)
- Stuckey, Roy, et al., Best Practices for Legal Education (Clinical Legal Education Association, 2007). ISBN: 9780979295508. (908 KB PDF)
- See in particular: Chapter Seven– Best Practices for Assessing Student Learning (p. 235) and Chapter Eight– Best Practices for Assessing Institutional Effectiveness (p. 265).
- "Professional Skills and Values in Legal Education: The GPS Model," 43 Valparaiso University Law Review 513 (2009) (co-authored with Stephen Gerst). [2.2 MB PDF]
Other Higher Education Resources
- Assessment Primer (University of Connecticut) - great website for assessment terms and practices.
- Barbara E. Walvoord, Assessment Clear and Simple: A Practical Guide for Institutions, Departments, and General Education (Jossey-Bass, 2010) (Walvoord was plenary speaker, Institute for Law Teaching and Learning June 2011 Summer Conference).
- Peggy L. Maki, Assessing for Learning: Building A Sustainable Commitment across the Institution. 2nd edition. (Stylus Publishing, 2010)
- Mary J. Allen, Assessing Academic Programs in Higher Education (Jossey-Bass, 2003).
- Trudy W. Banta (editor), Hallmarks of Effective Outcomes Assessment: Assessment Update Collections (Jossey-Bass, 2004).
- Linda Suskie, Assessing Student Learning: A Common Sense Guide. 2nd edition. (Jossey-Bass, 2009)