This section of the website provides access to both Institute and non-Institute publications. We thank the individual authors for their willingness to make these materials available to the greater law school community.
- Young, Paula, "Bibliography of Books and Articles on Active Learning and other Techniques for Teaching Law" (updated through July 2008) (130 KB PDF). [Paula Young will update this bibliography over the semester break.]
- See also 1994 and 2000 Special Editions of Gonzaga Law Review featuring annotated bibliographies of current methods for law teaching.
- Best Practices for Legal Education, Roy Stuckey, et al. (Clinical Legal Education Association, 2007). ISBN: 9780979295508. (908 KB PDF)
- Getting Graphic 2: Visual Tools for Teaching and Learning Law, Corrine Cooper (Learn more...) (Download, 2.2 MB PDF) (lacks Bankruptcy flow chart)
- Outcomes Assessment for Law Schools, Gregory S. Munro (Learn more...) (Download, 6.5 MB PDF)
- Teaching the Law School Curriculum, Steven Friedland & Gerald Hess (editors) (2004) (Learn more...) (Download fulltext, 2.9 MB PDF)
- Techniques for Teaching Law, Gerald Hess & Steve Friedland (1999) (Learn more / download individual chapters...) (Download fulltext, 14.9 MB PDF)
Law Review Articles / Symposia
- See Articles by ILTL Co-Directors and Consultants on teaching and learning.
- Humanizing Legal Education Symposium held at Washburn University School of Law, October 19-21, 2007. Selected articles published 47 Washburn Law Journal (2008).
- Gonzaga Law Review (Special issues)
- Articles on teaching specific courses published in the Saint Louis University Law Journal's Annual Teaching Issue.
- Overcoming Barriers in Preparing Law Students for Real-World Practice (Symposium), University of Missouri School of Law Center for the Study of Dispute Resolution, October 19, 2012 (Papers & Powerpoints | Videos)
Online Resources (Website, Blogs, etc.)
- Teach to the Whole Class: Barriers and Pathways to Learning (Paula Lustbader, Laurie Zimet, Gerald Hess) (Learn more and watch video)
- Principles for Enhancing Legal Education (Gerald Hess, Paula Lustbader, Laurie Zimet) (Learn more and watch video)
- A Day in the Life of Law School Teaching (produced by Larry Dubin) (35 minutes) (Learn more and watch video)